Education Required: n/a
Certificates Required: n/a
Previous Experience: n/a
Hours of Position: Mon - Thursday 6a - 4:30pm. Possibility of an afternoon shift Mon - Thursday 4pm - 2:30am
Number of Positions: 1
Start Date: asap
Company Culture: Labelcraft is a family owned and operated business based in the Durham region since 1967. Specializing in large-run orders, we work with many national and international brands to deliver the labels they need with the quality and timeliness they have come to expect from Labelcraft. As a printing company we are mindful of the environmental impact we create and are constantly striving to reduce our footprint. Our most recent breakthrough innovation was the creation of our Environmental Labels that are made from 100% recycled paper, and can be recycled again after use. We rely on leading edge technology to manufacture quality products quickly and efficiently.
Summary Responsible for completing the finishing of printed goods to customer specs for shipment
· Discuss with Plant Manager which jobs will require finishing and plan schedule to accomplish requirements taking into consideration ship dates/deadlines.
· Rewinding, cutting, breaking, stacking, counting, poly bagging, packaging to customer specs for shipment
· Rewinding – review docket info for rewind set up, set up machine (Rotoflex 13” Rewinder) to specs, rewind rolls required, package them in the required boxes, move to shipping(advise shipping)
· Continually monitor registration and ensure print quality, sign off on Quality Control sticker on each docket to confirm accountability for the quality of work produced.
· Assist other areas as required and cross train to learn other functions within the facility
· Work effectively as a member of the team demonstrating respect and maintaining open communication with all areas of the organization.
· Multitask as necessary and when able in order to maximize work hours.
· Maintain cleanliness of work area and equipment.
· English speaking, reading and writing
· Quality focused with good attention to detail
· Organized and deadline oriented
· Able to manage physical demands of standing for long periods, repetitive motion, some moderate lifting of finished boxes
· Ability to work with others and be flexible