Education Required: PSW Certificate or Nursing Student year 1 completion
Certificates Required: FirstAid, CPR-C, Immunizations, Criminal Record Check
Number of Positions: 10
Own Transportation Required: No. Asset if available.
Start Date: Jan 2, 2019
Personal Support Worker
Travel time and mileage paid. Great workplace.
As a casual Personal Support Worker within our CBI Home Health Services team, you will call upon your nurturing and assisting skills to provide overall care to clients. In this position you will assist clients with personal care, lifts and transfers, toileting, bathing, and feeding. You will also provide light housekeeping support, prepare meals, accompany clients to appointments, and be a companion.
• Provide personal care to patients proactively and with compassion.
• Assist with daily living activities, such as grooming, dressing and bathing.
• Plan and prepare meals.
• Help with patient mobility and transfers.
• Perform light household duties, such as cleaning, laundry and washing dishes.
• Personal Support Worker Certificate or NACC certificate if you graduated from a private college.
• Current CPR and First Aid Certificate.
• Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 12 months.
• Evidence of a negative TB test within the last 12 months and an up-to-date Immunization Record.
• Availability to work days, evenings and every other weekend.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Proven interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Previous community experience is an asset.