Schoolhouse Playcare Centres of Durham
RESOURCES FOR EXCEPTIONAL CHILDREN AND YOUTH
Rate of pay: $12.88/hour plus 4% vacation pay.
Afternoon positions typically 2.5 – 3 hours/day.
Experience working with children who has special needs is an asset.
Located at various schools in Durham Region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Registered Early Childhood Educator in providing a challenging and rewarding experience in an environment that supports each child’s unique needs and strengths.
- Ensure a safe, secure and nurturing environment.
- Work as a partner with parent’s in their children’s care.
- Treat all children and families with respect.
- Provide positive reinforcement and encouragement to help children develop positive self-esteem, pride, respect and an understanding of both themselves and others.
- Commitment to further the development and implementation of an emergent curriculum program.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience working with children with special needs would be an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, colleagues and children.
- Enthusiasm and initiative a must.
- Knowledge in emergent curriculum is an asset.
- Previous experience in a licensed childcare program, specifically with schoolage children is an asset.
- Current First Aid and CPR training.
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org