City of Oshawa Job Posting: Casual Employee
City of Oshawa, located just a short 30-minute drive from Toronto, is a progressive city of 168,000 people and is the economic engine of the eastern Greater Toronto Area. Our strategic pursuit of sustainable growth, excellent community service delivery and co-operative partnerships have enhanced our quality of life advantage, while maintaining a strong commitment to fiscal restraint.
Job Title: Casual Employee Posting Number: 002767
Department: Community Services Department Branch: Recreation & Culture Services
Location: Delpark Homes
Posting Start Date: 2020/07/27 Posting End Date: 2020/08/06 by 4:30pm
Employment Group: Exempt Salary Grade: C1U/C1O, $13.68 – $14.57 Standard Weekly Hours of Work: up to 24 Shift Work Required: Yes
Reporting to the Working Foreperson, Operations and/or designate at a recreation facility, the incumbent will perform various general custodial duties.
This position is a seasonal position, starting in the fall and concludes mid-March.
The City of Oshawa strives to provide an environment that cultivates and supports the following core values: Authenticity, Courage, and Trust (ACT).
All training hours are paid at minimum wage as outlined in the Employment Standards Act.
- Assist arena attendant with ice floods
- Sweep/mop dressing rooms
- Clean and maintain public washrooms
- Pick-up debris and garbage
- Assist with sidewalk snow clearing
- Safely dispose of garbage and recycling material
- Maintain pool area
- Assist with set-up and take-downs of room setups
- Provide effective customer service to patrons
- Administer first aid as required
- Complete accident, incident or complaint inquiry forms
- Report information relating to issues and conflicts within the facility to full-time staff
- Enforce and follow City of Oshawa policies and procedures (eg. Fire plan, Accident/Incident reporting, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Currently attending school full time and/or returning to school full time in the Fall (maintain student status)
- Previous maintenance work experience an asset
- Possess and keep current Standard First Aid/CPR ‘C’ qualifications
- Provide a current (within six months) Criminal Information Request prior to employment start date
- Provide and wear personal Green Patch High Cut Safety Work Boots and Work Pants (dark blue)
- Provide and wear personal CSA approved black hockey helmet (with strap) during ice maintenance
- Wear City-issued uniform
- Demonstrate good customer service and communication skills to deal effectively and courteously with staff and the general public; good interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships
- Attend all staff trainings and meetings
- Ability to work shifts, including evenings, late nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Ability to work in variable conditions – arenas and pool decks – indoors and outdoors
Please be advised that position location as noted is at the time of posting and is subject to change, as required due to operational needs.
Please apply to this position through our website: https://oshawa.jobs.net/en-CA/search
We would like to thank all applicants however, please note that only those selected to attend an interview will be contacted and all other applicants will be kept on file. Applicants are advised that written, oral and practical testing may form part of the selection process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). The City of Oshawa will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with dis
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://oshawa.jobs.net/en-CA/search →