These are entry-level crane replacement operator positions in the Whitby, Ontario steel mill. These positions are the starting point for all advancement positions inside the mill crane line of progression. As an entry-level crane operator, you will train in the entry level position and in bottom lines of progression. Assist with all tasks related to the function where you are assigned. Tasks range from general cleaning, moving materials, equipment inspection, and other related functions. This position can lead to a long-term career, excellent compensation and benefits, and a future in steel making! Please note the environment is a very heavy manufacturing/industrial one.
- Minimum of 18 years of age, authorized to work in Canada.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Successfully pass pre-employment exams to include physical, education & employment verification
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ industrial manufacturing experience. Previous experience with any of the following skills is a plus: construction, forklift, crane operating, welding, maintenance, electrical.
- Stable work history & desire to learn & grow.
- MUST not be afraid of heights
- MUST be mechanically minded/strong
- Follow all safety guidelines and wear appropriate safety equipment at all times.
Must be able to work rotating shifts, to include nights, holidays and weekends
The employer offers opportunities for advancement in an ever challenging, high-tech environment. They offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to grow with a world-class, multinational company. They recognize the contributions of our team members and provide opportunities for advancement.
The employer offers excellent benefits!
- Medical and Prescription
- Pension/RSP plan
- Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program