Part-Time Customer Service Associate
Ajax Public Library – All Branches
In a manner that is consistent with the Ajax Public Library’s overall visions and goals, the Customer Service
Associate (CSA) is responsible for providing readers’ advisory and basic information services. The CSA
also provides circulation services; including materials circulation, financial transactions, and maintenance
of customer records.
- Provides readers’ advisory and basic information services. Refers reference and in-depth
information questions to relevant staff.
- Utilizing the Integrated Library System (ILS), circulates library materials, registers library
customers, updates customer records as necessary, and performs financial transactions.
- Maintains awareness of public experience, offers excellent and proactive customer service, and
builds community connections.
- Prepares reports and statistics as required.
- Works effectively in a collaborative environment, uses initiative, is self-direct, and is committed to
innovation and creativity.
- Other library related duties as assigned.
- Works up to 48 hours per two-week period, which includes evenings and weekends.
- Physical demands include moving book trucks and boxes of materials, bending, and stretching.
- Completed college diploma in a field relevant to current Library service delivery.
- Strong technical skills with aptitude for computer equipment, applications, personal electronic
devices and other popular communication devices.
- Six months’ relevant experience in customer service delivery.
Rate of Pay: $23.57 per hour (Part-time employees may work up to 24 hours per week)
Contact: Isabel Smith
Coordinator of Corporate Services
Ajax Public Library
55 Harwood Avenue South
Ajax ON L1S 2H8
The Ajax Public Library is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity within the workplace. As we grow, it is important
that our workforce becomes more reflective of the citizens we serve to further the diversification of ideas that makes Ajax a great
place to live and work. The Ajax Public Library respects, encourages, and celebrates diversity.