Start Date: As soon as possible
Dollarama is Canada’s leading national operator of dollar stores and has grown to become a Canadian success story and a household name. Our head office, distribution centre, and warehouses are located in Montreal. Approximately 20,000 retail employees work in our corporate stores located across the country.
At Dollarama, we are determined to meet and exceed our customers’ needs by providing a positive and consistent shopping experience, with compelling value, and a broad assortment of everyday consumer products that are designed to generate consumer loyalty.
The Assistant Team Leader provides support to the Store Manager, Assistant-Manager and Team Leader in overseeing the daily retail store operations and in the absence of the Store Manager, Assistant-Manager and Team Leader, the Assistant Team Leader ensures that store opening/closing and asset management procedures are followed.
The Assistant Team Leader is responsible for the following:
- Managing the resources of the store to maximize results and store appearance while making sure to constantly have inventory on the shelves;
- Ensuring that employees work safely;
- Ensuring that company rules and regulations are explained, understood and followed by all team members;
- Operating a cash register;
- Assisting in receiving and stocking of all merchandise;
- Ensuring the established merchandising practices are followed;
- Providing quality customer service; and
- Ensuring store cleanliness.
- Minimum of one year of relevant experience in the retail industry;
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high volume environment;
- Ability to efficiently organize time and manage priorities;
- Strong leadership and communication skills; and
- Flexibility with regard to availabilities and work schedules (day, evening, week-end).
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at one of our stores located in central or north end Oshawa.
We thank all candidates for their interest; please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.