Working under the Employment Ontario – Employment Services (ES) Client Service Planning and Coordination (CSPC) component:
- determine which components of the Employment Service are appropriate;
- develop, monitor and adjust the Employment Service Plan for each client;
- support client access to other EO Programs and to government and community services outside of EO.
- Determine each individual’s primary service need:
- individuals’ employability dimensions (i.e. interpersonal skills, work history and educational attainments);
- Comply with program expectations, guidelines and agreements.
- Conduct a client service needs assessment to identify the activities, and supports that are most suited to the Client in achieving the desired outcome.
- Provide a rationale for all service decisions;
- Demonstrates that there are variations in the delivery and sequence of service components to clients
- Make relevant and timely referrals to services outside of the Employment Service or Employment Ontario Programs;
- Assists with referral process and access to education, training or another service, if deemed appropriate
- Ensure that the Clients’ Employment Service Plans are developed for the Client to allow for multiple components to be accessed simultaneously
- Develop clear achievable goals with client and record
- Identify steps to reach the goals and methods for monitoring progress;
- Demonstrate client’s evidence of personal ownership, (i.e. sign-off, record of discussions, use of self-assessment tools);
- Provides ongoing monitoring of client progress;
- Keeps case notes and service plans updated on a regular basis
- Inform senior management of trends and client concerns
- Promote and maintain ongoing communication with team members to provide support and continuous improvement of DRUHC programs/services.
- Maintain current information on best job search strategies.
- Compile individual client statistical data for monthly meetings
- Respond to “Ask a Counsellor” on website, as assigned.
- Facilitate employment workshops
- Assist with training new staff.
- Attend job fairs and community events as required
- Attend staff meetings and record minutes on a rotating basis.
- Maintain confidentiality of service users and agency matters at all times.
- Maintain and protect the privacy and confidentiality of each service user.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Knowledge and/or training of:
- Human Rights Legislation, Labour Laws and Employment Equity Laws
- Résumé writing and interviewing techniques.
- Job search techniques and career trends.
- Labour market trends – local, regional, provincial and national.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – listening, building rapport, supporting.
- Strong coaching skills – questioning, advising, motivating and encouraging.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and touch typing of minimum 45 wpm.
- Multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Work independently and with a team, initiate and maintain positive working relationships.
- Organize, prioritize, solve problems and adapt to change.
- Respond to difficult, challenging, or disruptive clients to alleviate or resolve issues.
- Demonstrate compassion and empathy towards individual client needs, wants and situations with a non-judgmental manner.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as psychology, social services, human resources or education.
- Experience in employment counselling or related field.
The Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre encourages applications from members identified of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), The Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We wish to thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.