Previous Experience: 3
Hours of Position: 20 hours per week
Number of Positions: 2
Start Date: April 23, 2018
Oshawa PUC Networks Inc., a subsidiary of Oshawa Power and Utilities Corporation, is the local distribution company serving more than 50,000 customers in the City of Oshawa, located 45 minutes east of Toronto on the shores of Lake Ontario.
Reporting to the Customer Service Supervisor, this position will work 20 hours per week between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. The Customer Service Assistant responds to and resolves all customer inquiries and concerns via walk-in and telephone.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
– Respond to and resolve all customer inquiries and concerns including but not limited to billing, utility service, outages, disconnects/reconnects, past due notices, and property arrears
– Calculate and set up monthly payment amount (budget billing) along with processing customer applications for pre-authorized payment and adjust payments or issue refunds when necessary
– Create service orders to finalize existing customers and establish new accounts
– Process credit checks with Equifax with regards to deposit waivers and prepare deposit waiver forms for other utilities
– Charge or credit miscellaneous charges in the miscellaneous charge journals
– Prepare service orders on finals or move-ins
– Process requests for termination, continuation or beginning of service for residential, commercial, industrial, and temporary hydro connections
– Assists customers with online access to their account information and the understanding of their usage through online tools
– Interacts with other departments to resolve customer issues
– Other duties as required or as assigned
– Minimum 2-3 years of experience in customer service. Experience with an electrical utility is preferred.
– Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently to complete assigned tasks
– Strong and effective interpersonal communication (written and verbal) skills
– Capability of maintaining composure and problem solving to resolve new or unique issues
– Ability to maintain a positive, cooperative attitude, take initiative, and contribute to on-going improvement of work processes and procedures
– Computer knowledge and proficiency in data input