Education Required: Grade 12 Diploma
Previous Experience: 1-2 years heavy manufacturing experience
Rate of Pay: 24.77
Hours of Position: 12 hour shift worker positions
Start Date: ASAP
These are entry-level production operator positions in the Whitby, Ontario steel mill. These positions are the starting point for all advancement positions inside the mill. As an entry-level production operator, you will train in the entry level position in all lines of progression. Assist with all tasks related to the function where you are assigned. Tasks range from general cleaning, project preparation, moving materials, product inspection, counting, tagging, distribution, shipping and other related functions. This position can lead to a long-term career, excellent compensation and benefits, and a future in steel making! Please note the environment is a very heavy manufacturing/industrial one.
Candidate must be able to provide a clear criminal background check and have 1-2 years in heavy manufacturing experience. No ticket is necessary to operate the crane but the candidate will need to have good hand eye coordination and not be afraid of heights.
· Minimum of 18 years of age, authorized to work in Canada.
· HS Diploma or GED required.
· Successfully pass pre-employment exams to include physical, education & employment verification
· Minimum of 1-3 years’ industrial manufacturing experience. Previous experience with any of the following skills is a plus: construction, forklift, crane operating, welding, maintenance, electrical.
· Stable work history & desire to learn & grow.
· MUST not be afraid of heights
· MUST be mechanically minded/strong
· Follow all safety guidelines and wear appropriate safety equipment at all times.
· Must be able to work rotating shifts, to include nights, holidays and weekends
Gerdau offers opportunities for advancement in an ever challenging, high-tech environment. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to grow with a world-class, multinational company. We recognize the contributions of our team members and provide opportunities for advancement.
Gerdau offers excellent benefits!
Medical and Prescription
Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition Reimbursement Program